I missed the Portuguese weather the whole time
I lived in the DC area so I moved to San Diego where it the weather is almost identical.
- I have 2 rabbits. They are the best pets ever.
- I love feel good animal movies (like Babe).
- I eventually want to have a farm with sheep, border collies, chickens, llamas, alpacas, and perhaps more.
- I live in San Diego so I may never be able to afford
a farm. In fact, about 80% of the people who live here can’t afford the
median priced house. Actually I think it’s more like 90%.
- I’m a landscape designer. I took me a while to finally figure out
what to do, but this profession is a good combination of creativity, problem solving and organizing information—all
things that I love to do.
- I was a crafty kid and was
particulary fond of making things from soon-to-be-trash (like styrofoam and toilet paper rolls.)
- I love action movies. Romancing the Stone is my favorite.
- I love watching Horatio Hornblower. This may be because he’s a character in action movies.
- I love having red hair. I’m thinking of going back to my natural light brown, but when I see cool red hair, I
want to have it.
- I love wearing shorts
I hate skirts and only wear them a couple times a year
I have a master's degree in Clinical Psychology. I briefly practiced
as a therapist until I realized that it was too draining for me (as an introvert) to talk to people all day. I found this book to be useful in explaining why.
My favorite episode of the show "Family Guy" is "To Live and Die in Dixie" from
I moved to the U.S. in the middle of 9th grade and was used to dressing up.
I wore a lot of black. I almost never wear black now.
My favorite type of music is Brazilian Bossa Nova.
I love the taste of coffee. My Portuguese grandmother always made me decaf "cafe
com leite" in the afternoon.
My favorite yarn colors always end up being a red green mix. I have a ton of yarn
in these colors...
I'm still not sure how I feel about living in California. Can you be totally connected
to a place that you can't really afford to live in?
I'm an "out of sight, out of mind" person, and when I put things away I often can't
find them. This makes for a messy existence.
I often wonder about the meaning of life. I don't think my mother ever
does. I'm often amazed at how different out personalities are.
I have a "salt tooth". Potato chips are my weakness.
I love to cook and I love to read about food and cooking techniques. One of
my favorite cook books is The Best Recipe.
When I travel, I get very excited about trying the food.
I like watching 70's TV shows.
Coincidentally, my parents came to visit and brought me a British series called Island at War, which I loved. So I looked up the writer and came upon some of his other series, including the Forsyte Saga series 1 and 2. So now, I'm reading the Forsyte books, which are massive... My new interest in WWII also led me to the Foyle's War series which is great.
The Forsyte Saga introduced me to Welsh actor Ioan Gruffud, who I just love to watch so now I've been going through
the Horatio Hornblower
series which is wonderful. Along with another British drama he was in: Great Expectations.
I've watched enough British drama at this point that my husband is wishing we didn't have Netflix ; ) Other things
British I've been watching:
Now that the new Harry Potter is out, I've been catching up by re-reading the previous books while I wait for a copy
from the library. I'm thinking about knitting a Gryffindor scarf using ? pattern but I'm still looking for a good deal
on yarn. I'm thinking that using Knit Pick's Wool of the Andes
in Hollyberry and Pumpkin might the most economical non-acrylic choice.
kate gilbert bunny pattern
I thought this would be interesting being that I grew up in a foreign country...
Your Linguistic Profile:
50% General American English|
5% Upper Midwestern|
1. First name? Cristina
2. Were u named after anyone? No. My parents just wanted me to have a name that would work
in both Portuguese and English
3. Do you wish on stars? No
4. When did you last cry? I think it was the last
time I saw "The English Patient"
5. Do you like your handwriting? Yes. I am a landscape designer so it's got to be legible!
6. What is your favorite lunchmeat? Roast beef
7. What is your birthdate? December 2nd.
8. What is your most embarrasing CD? I have a didjeridoo one that is goofy.
9. If you were another person, would YOU
want to be friends with you? I'm a good listener, so yeah.
10. Do you have a journal? yes
11. Do you use sarcasm a lot? of course
12. What are your nicknames? Po, Crissy
Po, Po Bronson
13. Would you bungee jump? Perhaps....but I'd feel sick beforehand!
14. Do you untie your shoes when you take them
15. Do you think u r strong? Most of the time. My husband thinks I act to tough ; )
16. Shoe size? 7.5
What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Cookie Dough
18. Red or Pink? Red
19. What is your least favorite thing about
yourself? My LFT
(low frustration tolerance)
20. Who do you miss most? Avo Ilda, my Portuguese grandmother
21. Do you want everyone you send this to to send it
back? Yes, the psychologist in me loves this stuff...
22. What color pants and shoes are u wearing? Jeans, red slides
23. What are you listening to now? Led Zeppelin
Last thing you ate? 3 pieces of toast
25. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Teal